Friday, December 17, 2010

Easy Chicken Parm


Tonight I'm making easy Chicken Parm. This is nothing like my mother's labor intensive chicken, pork, veal or eggplant parmigiana -a deep dish of layered meats, eggplant, sauce, and cheese. No, this is easy, simple, less rich, but still satisfying the urge for fried, cheese, sauce. The chicken should be of good quality so that it stays moist -don't overcook it. Get the bread crumbs golden brown on both sides, that's all.


I used Bell and Evans, but any decent quality chicken breasts will do. A few slices of fresh mozzarella, some tomatoes or canned whole tomatoes, basil if you have it, clove of garlic, thyme, olive oil for sauce and for frying, and some breadcrumbs -your choice. I used Panko this time around, but I use whatever I have on hand. I'll make some polenta and spinach for accompaniment. Again, your choice.

Sauce -well you know this so let it be yours....
Garlic, minced into the olive oil on low heat.
Stir till golden. Add thyme. Stir.
Add peeled tomatoes. Stir. Cook off excess water.

Breadcrumb the chicken breast -I didn't use egg, just wet with water. But use egg if you wish
Fry it up in the pan. I usually do this ahead of time, about an hour or so.
Lay some mozz on top and melt in oven.

Pour some sauce on top and boom -your done.

No comments:

Post a Comment